Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Walter Baker Artist Lofts

Big changes.. Big, big changes this year!


My last post was about my new digs at the Joy Street Studios... and this post is about my even newer and cooler digs at the Walter Baker Lofts. I just moved
into this fabulous space that was the administration building originally built in 1919 as the headquarters of the Walter Baker Co. The building has been restored and converted into 13 loft apartments, which are designated for artists as live/work space. I'm really digging the area too! Lower Mills is such a beautiful area. There is an event this Thursday called the fourth annual Lower Mills Holiday Stroll will take place on Thursday, November 17th from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. in Lower Mills in Dorchester and Milton Village. Over 40 businesses will be open late offering refreshments, discounts, and work from local artists!
The Walter Baker Artists’ Lofts (1231 Adams Street) will feature resident
artists exhibiting their work in their studios, as well as other local artists. I won't really be participating in this (I really just moved in) but it sounds like an awesome event and you can walk down my grand staircase!
So, if you're reading this and saying, " Wait... What!!!?" then you may not be aware that Glen and I have parted ways. Quite amicably I will add but still sad nonetheless.
I still have my work at Joy Street for Joy Street Open Studios going on this weekend Nov. 19 +20 , so hopefully it will be a beautiful weekend !

No comments:

Post a Comment